Monday, December 8, 2008

Our family picture from Winter Wonderland

Here's our family picture from Winter Wonderland last week. Allyson's shirt reads I'm on the Nice list...trust me!

I also have an important announcement. I have been looking at my nearly completely full calendar for the month of December and I have been asking myself, "Self, what of these events/ parties/activities can I possibly cut out?"
Well, unfortunately, it seems, there's not much that can be done away with. We are either obligated or have already paid for pretty much everything we are planning to do. Not to mention the fact that we just don't want to miss out on any of the holiday fun!
So, this year, I regret to tell you that I have decided to cut out (gasp) Christmas cards. I'm not writing or sending ANY. Sorry!
I don't want to sound like a Scrooge, but something has to give! Or, I may very well lose my mind this holiday season.
I hope that no one's feelings are hurt. I completely understand if you don't want to send us a card. Our feelings won't be hurt. But, please know that we do have a special place for displaying any cards we receive. We don't throw them away as we open as some may do. Hmm...
Oh, I just cannot express to you the relief I feel after deciding to forego this holiday chore!
Remember the mantra...Enjoy! Don't stress!!

4 comments:

Stacia said...

I don't think I'm doing cards either... I've always been so good about them and had them done and mailed by now! So don't feel bad...you're not the only one. :-)

Tabby said...

I'll just draw stick figures on a piece of paper and write "Merry Christmas from the Paces" and put it on my fridge. :)

Amber said...

I'm so glad you're on blogger and not a rebel anymore!

Having a blog is kind of like having a daily Christmas card anyway!

Andrea said...

I was thinking the same thing myself. I don't know how Christmas came up so fast this year but I am so far behind. I'll just be happy to see you during the holiday...don't worry about the cards.