Wednesday, June 17, 2009

ABC's of Me-AND, a fabulous recipe!


A -Age: 32
B -Bed size: queen
C -Chore you hate: Cleaning the kitchen
D -Donuts or Kolaches: Donuts
E -Essential start your day item: Contact solution!
F -Favorite color: lately it's green-somewhere between lime and apple green
G -Gold or Silver: silver, unless it's real gold!
H -Height: 5'4"
I -Instruments you play: played the clarinet 6th-8th grade
J -Jokes or Rhymes: jokes
K -Kids: 1 girl-Allyson 2 & a half and Morgan who died on Dec. 11, 2001 in a car accident at age 6. She's my angel.
L -Living arrangements: 3bed/2bath house on a busy road that motorcycles like to travel on at fast speeds late at night!
M -Movie: Last Chance Harvey-Don't waste your time!
N -Nicknames: Pumpkin, Mommy
O-Overnight hospital stays: car accident, childbirths, stomach virus while pregnant with Allyson
P -Pet Peeve: My ice maker is not working right now! So much for making iced coffees every morning!
Q -Quote you like: Mama always said that life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
R -Right or left handed: Righty
S -Siblings: 1 sister
T -Time you wake up: Whenever; it's summer!
U -Underwear: VS cotton high leg briefs-I love them! So, comfy!
V -Vegetable you dislike: Brussel Sprouts and rutabagas (sp!) Nasty!
W -Ways you run late: Unorganized!
X -X-rays you've had: Wrist-broken in car accident
Y -Yummy food you make: Last night I made grilled chicken kabobs. Mike said he wants to have them if he ever has to choose a last meal! :D He also took two to work and said he had to fight to keep coworkers away from them! I guess I'll have to make them again! Allyson just took her food off the skewer and pretended it was a magic wand and turned her daddy into a kitty cat.
Z -Zodiac sign: Libra
This is how I made the
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
You'll need:
Two 1 lb. pkgs of chicken breast tenderloins
whole musrooms in a jar
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 red onion
(last three items cut into large peices)
For the marinade:
1/4 C. Lime juice
3/4 C. Teriyaki sauce
(You can use a pre-made marinade usually found near steak sauce at the grocery store.)
Marinate chicken tenders for at least two hours. Overnight should be fine as well. Heat grill. (I used my George Foreman grill.) Skewer chicken and vegetables. Alternating vegetables with chicken. (I skewered the chicken at the end, added a vegetable and then skewered the other end. This saved time not having to cut chicken.) Grill each skewer. Rotate every 2-4 minutes. Make sure chicken is done before removing from grill. Cooking time should take 10-15 minutes. Serve over rice.
Variations: Use steak and/or shrimp. Also, add pineapple chunks. (I thought I had some. I was disappointed about that!)
That yellow stuff is squash casserole. Needless to say, my husband was VERY happy!

*********************************************

Here are a few pictures of our goofy little princess.

Last Friday, Allyson went with me and my friend, Melissa, on an all-day shopping trip at Tanger Outlet Center. On the way back, we stopped for dinner at Buckner's in Jackson. It's delish and you'll eat way too much if you ever decide to eat there. Allyson had to have her picture made with the giant rooster out front.


On Saturday, Allyson insisted that she would take her nap with Daddy on our bed. I found her asleep with my necklace around her face. Can't be comfortable! My weird child!

You might think you've seen this one before. I got one of those inflatable beach ball sprinklers. She enjoyed it so much at her daycare for water day. It was just $12 at Wally World. I would have taken a few more so I could get her face, but I was too excited and wanted to get wet myself. I had just gotten back from the gym. It was refreshing!

That is all for now! :D

No comments: